Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Product Copywriter writes product copy for zulily.com. Every day. Every product. Your descriptions. Make them engaging, accurate and pleasing to the customer! Impact their experience in selecting items for their family. Impact our customer satisfaction and our success!
We are looking for copy that is witty, whimsical and in-the-know. This position works closely with our design and merchandising teams to develop effective and compelling copy that reflects the zulily brand. Ability to work effectively within diverse groups and independently is a must. This position reports to the Copy Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Create compelling content with a consistent eye on educating customers and maximizing sales, while mastering the zulily voice
- Self-Edit product descriptions for grammar, spelling, usage and style, adhering to the zulily copy style guide
- Manage own workload and deadlines
- Work with merchant teams to accurately and effectively communicate product information, researching independently when necessary
- Develop an understanding of children's hard goods and of apparel fabrication and content, fit and other related technical product details
- Respond to product page edits as needed quickly and accurately
- Bachelor of Arts in English or related area of expertise
- Minimum two years of writing experience
- Strong command of the English language (including spelling, grammar, punctuation)
- Knowledge of AP style guide a plus, but not required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, self-starter and ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic Internet and e-mail literacy
- Ability to learn and utilize web/publishing/inventory tools and applications
- Knowledge of CMS and basic html a plus, but not required
- Ability to pass an editing and/or writing test
zulily is an Equal Opportunity Employer
zulily participates in E-Verify. zulily will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. You may reach us at (206) 388-0920.