Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Woolpert, inc.
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications.
The Architect will be involved in large/complex projects located in 17 states across the mid-west including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, and Montana. This individual will have a background in Disaster Recovery. Response and Recovery Deployment scenarios will vary, ranging from a week to a month or more. This is an amazing opportunity to employ your unique engineering skillsets by providing assistance and support to communities when they need it most.
FEMA will require individuals with specific technical expertise to conduct site inspections on sites with major damage (e.g., destroyed facilities; facilities with extensive damage; facilities with significant damage to mechanical, electrical and plumbing components, etc.) to document disaster-related damage. These individuals will conduct site inspections to validate infrastructure damage and record detailed damage descriptions during the inspection to include the following additional tasks:
- Reviewing and analyzing professional architectural/engineering reports and designs or as-built plans
- Thoroughly documenting analyses in writing
- Developing scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Validating applicant-provided scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
- Developing and reviewing cost estimates
- Advising FEMA staff on the technical validity of claims presented under FEMA’s arbitration process. Should arbitration hearings occur, testify as an expert witness on FEMA’s behalf
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
Individual must meet at least one level of education & experience requirements listed below:
Education & Experience:
- 2 years in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree and professional registration) or 5 years in field of expertise
- 5 years in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree and professional registration) or 10 years in field of expertise
- 10 years in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree and professional registration) or 15 years in field of expertise
- Experience in Disaster recovery. Previous FEMA experience a Plus but not required
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals