Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Come join the Volunteers of America- we are seeking a friendly, passionate and energetic candidate to join our team in our working environment.
We are looking for a Maintenance Tech to join our housing community at our Capital Park Apartment Complex in Columbus, OH!
***This is a full time 8am-5pm position! ***
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Tech is responsible for overall maintenance of property and the direction of the maintenance staff.
- Participate in or lead all maintenance projects, assign work orders to maintenance technician, and ensure all work on properties is done properly and on a timely basis.
- Inspect grounds and building exterior, as required by Community Administrator, to ensure safe working and living conditions.
- Responsible for inventory control of maintenance supplies and utilization of maintenance equipment.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, service requests, apartment make-ready, and periodic inspections.
- Maintain MSDS book and instruct maintenance staff in its use.
- Maintain adequate lighting for interior and exterior of property.
- Make recommendations to Community Administrator on necessary maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance activities, and property improvements.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Lead lawn, grounds and maintenance staff.
- Coordinate and work on-call to insure that 24 hour maintenance on-call is provided to the properties.
- Provide oversight to outside repairs and contract work authorized by the Community Administrator.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by the Community Administrator.
ABOUT VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA: Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, faith-based organization dedicated to helping those in need live healthy, safe and productive lives. Since 1896, our ministry of service has supported and empowered America's most vulnerable groups. Through hundreds of human service programs, including housing and health care, Volunteers of America helps more than 2.5 million people in 400 communities. Our work touches the mind, body, heart and ultimately the spirit of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.
- At least one year of experience in building maintenance.
- Previous experience in a lead or supervisory capacity preferred.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Must be capable of using and climbing extension ladder to access roof, windows, and siding to make repairs as needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry fifty (50) lbs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to perform emergency maintenance as requested.
- May be required to live on site.