Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Program Manager
- Reviews project charter, business case and requirements to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Confers with appropriate LOB offering management to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for assignment of project personnel.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports and other documentation prepared by project personnel, clients and other contractors and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares and presents project reports for management, client, or others. Gathers and develops back-up material for change order requests.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Develops and improves project management processes and routines for use throughout the Company. Mentors junior personnel and teaches good project management practices.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- BS in Engineering or Business preferred.
- At least 10 years' experience managing large scale projects/programs
- PMP Certification preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to use a personal computer and job-related software
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup.
We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers' business possible.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.