Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager - Emergency Department - Mount Carmel St. Ann's - Full Time - Days
at Trinity Healthcare
Department:17030_36040 Emergency Department Services
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our Nurse Managers serve as the unit level manager to plan, organize, staff, direct and ensure collaborative multidisciplinary patient care delivery. The Nurse Manager provides coaching, direction, and supervision of the unit/area and all staff members.
- Directs the planning and implementation of department education/training which promotes professional competence and personal growth and ensures optimal patient care.
- Ensures financial performance and profitability through the development and monitoring of the operating and capital budgets for designated area/unit.
- Directs all quality monitoring for designated area, focusing on optimal patient outcomes, regulatory compliance, risk management, and continuous quality and process improvement program for unit services.
- Develops departmental standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols. Maintains awareness of department/service area operations and potential for problems through regular rounds and interaction with physicians and staff.
- Collaborates with all disciplines on the healthcare team and within the Organization to establish goals and meet objectives.
- Models and promotes professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
- Graduate from school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in nursing required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of two year's recent and relevant clinical experience
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to asses, develop and mentor a patient care team
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll lead a team of talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. It serves people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with 93 hospitals, and 120 continuing care locations — including home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities - that provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues, including 5,300 employed physicians. Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, we are known for our focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, Trinity Health is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs.