State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Substitute Teacher, PTO (Preschool)
at State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio
STRS Ohio, STRS
The State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS Ohio) is seeking a part-time preschool teacher to join its Child Care Center. Established in 1920 and serving Ohio’s educators, STRS Ohio is one of the nation’s premier retirement systems that provides rewarding work in a professional, business casual work environment and welcomes, celebrates and promotes respect for each individual. We are continually seeking bright individuals to join our team.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary: $10.00 per hour
STRS Ohio provides a comprehensive benefits package including free on-site parking, education assistance, subsidized medical insurance, fully paid dental and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits and an on-site fitness center.
On an as needed basis, under the direction of the director, Child Care Services or a lead teacher, maintain a safe, positive environment for infant, toddler or preschool-age children. Supervise the activities of children in a downtown Columbus child care facility.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, orderly environment.
- Assist in planning, supervising, and implementing developmentally appropriate activities in accordance with the philosophy of the center.
- Assist with preparation of materials and supplies for programs and activities.
- Assist with routine housekeeping tasks required for compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Assist with lunches and snacks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- College student contemplating a career in early childhood development or early childhood education or an individual with experience in a child care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to deal effectively and courteously with children and parents required.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage many tasks at one time required.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, kneel, push, crouch, stand, carry, and balance.
- Ability to preserve confidential information required.
- Ability to remain alert at all times and maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the work requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent work record of attendance and punctuality required.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the persons so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision.