Ruby Tuesday, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Server Assistant - Grove City - #4724
at Ruby Tuesday, Inc.
The Server Assistant is responsible for always providing a friendly welcome and farewell to all of our guests. Through use of the Table Management System (TMS), the server assistant is responsible for seating the guests and assisting the service team with ensuring that each guest leaves happy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude, while contributing to a teamwork-based work environment.
- Take pride in his/her appearance while adhering to the Ruby Tuesday Dress & Appearance Policy.
- Responsible for set-up, cleanliness, and organization of the front door area before, during, and after every shift.
- Adhere to proper procedures for utilizing the TMS system to control the flow of guest seating. Utilizes the Wait and Reservation Lists in the TMS system.
- Responsible for understanding and setting up the floor plan in the TMS system.
- Welcome each guest in a hospitable, courteous, and friendly manner. Take guest information and accurately quote wait times when tables are not immediately available.
- Promptly seat guests in the bar/dining area when seating is available.
- Present menus and promotional materials, while suggesting specific food especially the Garden Bar and beverages to the guest; provide children with crayons and menu/coloring sheet.
- Ensure each guest receives a friendly farewell. Observe tables and keep track of clean, dirty, and unoccupied tables.
- Answer the phone and assist with answering guest questions in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Accommodate the needs and requests of guests such as refilling beverages, providing silverware, etc.
- Deliver biscuits, food, and beverages as needed to assist Servers and Bartenders.
- Follow all sanitation and safety guidelines at all times.
- Assist with light clean as you go GB cleanliness by wiping down with sanitizer towel as needed.
- Clear dirty dishes, glass, and tableware and reset tables according to Ruby Tuesday standards.
- Remove bus tubs and dirty dishes from behind the bar area.
- Clean and sweep around tables as needed.
- Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred.
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
Ruby Tuesday is an Equal Opportunity Employer.