Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Engineer (Columbus) in Dublin, OH at Presidio, Inc.
at Presidio, inc.
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients’ IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com.
- Perform client consulting in the area of network engineering (hardware and software) using routers, switches, network security devices, protocol analyzers, TCP/IP, VPN, MPLS, Routing Protocols, QoS
- Provide Planning, Design, implementation and support of LANs and WANs using the latest technology
- Identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems related to LANs/WANs
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning
- Provides upgrades and optimization of various networks
- Understand client's infrastructures, their needs and provide expertise and consulting on Cisco solutions
- Develop and deliver professional proposals, including design documentation
- Ability to provide management and account team oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Creates and manages the project for key technical deliverables including, but not limited to, capacity planning, implementation, configuration, usage reporting, and allocation to host
- Provides pre-sales engineering support to sales team to ensure that all needs of any sales opportunities are fulfilled
- Coordinates conference calls for technical issues to provide status of open opportunities and resource requirements to management
- Serves as a liaison between company and the customer regarding the implementation and maintenance of Systems
- Analyze log files, performance issues, and the production environment for mission critical systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 5+ years hands on experience with installing and troubleshooting Cisco Network Infrastructure, wireless and security technologies
- Experience working in large enterprise network environments required
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus platform highly desired
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and ability to install and troubleshoot LANs and WANs
- Experience designing network solutions given client requirements and goals
- CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE certification preferred
- Ability to manage and coordinate projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Self-motivated and desire to succeed
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injury/property damage, while maintaining a clean work areaWhile performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand for extended periods of time using handheld equipment and power tools. This position also requires the ability to spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 50lbs. May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
Physical Demand & Working Environment
- While performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand for extended periods of time using handheld equipment and power tools. This position also requires the ability to spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 50lbs. May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to email@example.com
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.