Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tech Lead, Columbus, OH
at Precise Resource
- Key member of the pod collaborating with product managers, designers, researchers, technologists, and business/finance leads for the best outcome.
- Identifies and clearly articulates innovation concepts as well as key business hypotheses and assumptions, and works with the team to convert these to knowledge and facts to facilitate the innovation decision-making process.
- Participates in creating dynamic business models through a data-driven process leveraging the expertise, methodologies and tools utilized by the team.
- Engages in the identification of market potential, product-market-fit strategy, establishing go-to-market strategies, estimation of potential revenues, operational support strategy, distribution analysis, market and product positioning.
- Leverages the Business Model Canvas and its components as a scorecard for the customer discovery process and the foundational plan.
- Identifies the operational model, cost structures and resource requirements.
- Works with the cross-functional team and team leader to set business and product metrics and goals to measure success and track against those goals.
- Identifies optimal scaling plans for bringing products and services to the broader organization and works with cross-functional partners to actively transition initiatives to the core business, new business line or other entity
(including spin out options).
- Involved in all aspects of determining the business viability of opportunities as they develop and evolve through the innovation process.
- Adheres to the process and decision-making steps in assessing and developing the building blocks of a viable business and business model
- Understands that failure is part of the innovation process. Institutionalizes learning from productive failures.
- Utilizes and encourages a startup or entrepreneurial mind set.
- Collaborates seamlessly and successfully across the enterprise supporting all areas such as marketing, sales, public relations, legal and compliance, as well as other groups.
- Participates in user-driven innovation process
(aka “design thinking”).
- Helps to translate consumer and end-user needs into products, services, experiences, and businesses that solves needs and creates value.
- Supports and participates in rapid prototyping of ideas and solutions directly with consumers and customers, and iterates aggressively to arrive at solutions that exceed customer expectations and creates new value and points of differentiation.
- Understands and represents the voice of the user
(“the who”), clearly defines the right problems to solve (“the what”) and ensures the right end-to-end solutions to solve them (“the how”).
- Keeps a pulse on industry movement and activities, and remains on top of key trends within insurance, financial services and startups.
- Keeps a pulse on technology best practices and is at the cusp of emerging technology trends.
- Anticipates where relevant companies, trends, and technologies might be going and informs the strategy team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Technology Feasibility & Rapid Prototyping:
- Provide technology, engineering, and development perspective on opportunities and ideas the innovation pod explores and designs.
- Identify possibilities, probabilities, and show stoppers, along with high level scoping.
- Collect requirements using a multitude of techniques, including workflow diagrams, site maps, and other artifacts that help us understand the potential future of the opportunity.
- Assists evaluating third party technologies and products forming a point of view on if and how to work with it
- Engages with technology teams throughout the corporation to identify connection points and ways to accelerate innovation opportunities.
- As opportunities progress, support the development process, including requirements, multiple development methodologies, and testing processes.
- Solid understanding of platforms and systems to inform innovations under consideration.
- Create low to medium fidelity prototypes for testing and proof of concept
(utilizing key tools or written code).
- Iterate prototypes quickly based on feedback from users and the team.
- Work with designers and researchers to quickly bring ideas to life, that are driven by user needs.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
The ideal candidate will have experience with prototyping tools, agile and iterative development, and lean startup mindsets that help enable teams move quickly throughout the product design process. And, you should be comfortable sharing and evangelizing your ideas with the cross functional team while getting along the way for better outcomes. Ideal candidate will have a quick and keen understanding of past, current and future business strategy, development methodologies, technologies, design patterns, and current trends. It’s critical that this person has the ability to communicate and influence solutions that best meet user needs and business objectives. They will be accountable for high-level, out-of-the-box thinking coupled with the ability to clearly articulate decisions surrounding our executions, and the ability to analyze the results of testing, and recommend winning solutions.