Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nexeo Solutions
Location: 3250 Southwest Blvd., Grove City, OH 43123 (Local Routes)
Competitive benefits package and hourly wage starting at $22.60 hr. with hourly increase at 6 and 12 months. Employees eligible for Annual Incentive Bonus.
- Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged goods.
- Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service accurately.
- Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems attend to customer needs. Ensure delivered goods correspond to products identified on the bill of lading.
- Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T, OSHA and company safety programs. Maintain eligibility to hold hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the TSA). Maintain a valid commercial driver's license (Class A) with Hazardous Material Endorsement.
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits. Ensures material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from vehicle for either bulk or packaged delivery. Check material for damage and quantity discrepancies. Engage appropriate Nexeo Solutions team member if any discrepancies exist.
- Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes. Review paperwork to ensure transport of material is authorized and in compliance.
- May perform quality control functions (lab testing) as needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations. (E.g. warehouse clean up).
- Attend and participate in training meetings.
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the Business Responsibilities of a Nexeo Solutions employee.
- Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material as needed.
- Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting 50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load rack as needed.
- Filling drums or totes on a roller line to meet Nexeo Solutions and customer specifications as needed. Ensure proper labeling of material as needed.
Nexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America and EMEA. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. Nexeo Solutions facilities are ISO 9001 certified. We diligently observe a commitment to quality in all of our practices and adhere to a defined quality policy. As a public company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Possess the proper CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsements clean driving record
- A minimum of 2 year driving experience in the last5 years
- Experience loading and unloading shipments for delivery
- Experience with delivery to well sites a strong plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients in a professional manner
- Forklift experience