National Church Residences
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National Church Residences
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Address
- National Church Residences
National Church Residences is committed to being the employer of choice within each community and within the industry segment that we serve. We will meet the needs of our staff by providing a competitive wage and make improvements toward a living wage standard for staff.
- Excellent Benefits:
- Retirement Plan Available with Company Base and Match Contribution
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy, 8 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement and 15% Tuition Reduction with Franklin University
- Work Life Balance
Join our Mission! Build your career with National Church Residences!
Under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting for Senior Living, the staff accountant assists in performing month end close and year end audits for 20-30 entities. He or she is involved in following a system on internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, and US GAAP. This position addresses tight deadlines and performing a multitude of accounting activites including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year end audit preparation. The staff accountant interacts with business office managers, administrators and members of other departments which requires strong interpersonal commuincation skills both written and verbal.
- Assist in completing month end closes and prepare year end audit packets for 20-30 entities by their respective due dates and as prescribed by the audit schedule.
- Assist with the daily management of cash.
- Perform in depth analysis and reconciliation of all balance sheet and key income statement accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for banks and HUD.
- Inputs assets into Asset Keeper and maintains fixed asset records.
- Manages REST system (real estate taxes, sales tax and uses tax).
- Makes depositis via bank scanner (RDC).
- Ensures setup of EFT/ACH enrollments.
- Processes various cash transfers and cash transactions, recording to Cashbooks and reconciling as necessary.
- Works with the Treasury Department to maintain all Healthcare bank accounts.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe workplace practices, all federal, state, and local regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Experience: 0-3 years of experience performing the job responsibilities.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: None required
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.