Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Application Developer - Lbrands - Columbus, OH
at L Brands
The EcommerceDeveloper III is responsible to be part of an international, talented and agileDevelopment team that is building the core backend components of our system.Provides senior technology for projects and daily support. Ideal candidate willhave a proven history of distributed system and development, mentoring juniordevelopers and help build our next generation microservice platform.
Mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and makethem more effective, product software engineers
Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging fromfront-
- Consistently demonstrate L Brands enterprise and functional competencies.
- Execute for Results
- Innovate and Reinvent
- Collaborate, be Fast & Agile
- Website support activities: (not all inclusive)
- Participation in rotational 24x7 on call support activities
- Triage and resolution of recurring problems
- Creation of detailed technical documentation
- Leadership and Teaming: (not all inclusive)
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement initiatives, streamlining work and improving support.
- Identifies and implements opportunities for innovation and process improvement.
- Constantly re-evaluates application architecture and contribute to application technical roadmap. This includes evaluating / recommending new technologies/frameworks
- Customer Interaction skills: (not all inclusive)
- Ability to explain technical aspects of a solution to a non-technical audience
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for both technical knowledge and business specific technology trends
- Builds and maintains strong partnership with internal and external customers/vendors.
- 4 year degree in Information Systemsor an equivalent combination of course work and job experience
- Flexibility is a must to support our customers 24x7x365, where extended hours may be necessary
- At a minimum the below experience:
- 6 years of Experience multiple JVM based languages, JAVA is a must.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, marketing-driven, multi-task environment.
- Strong background in distributed systems.
- Strong background in asynchronous patterns and multithreaded programming.
- Experience developing REST based web services
- Experience with Microservices.
- Strong knowledge of Agile development methodology,Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Test Automation
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
- Advanced knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes (Maven/Gradle), testing, and operations
- Advanced knowledge of creating and managing GIT flows
- Experience with concurrent programming, Java memory and multi-threading models
- Experience using NoSQL datasources
- Strong Database skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - with proven ability to present technical issues to customers in a clear and understandable manner
- Nice-to Have:
- Experience using In-memory data grids
- Experience with newer programming languages such as golang, rust
- Experience working with containers (Docker etc) and deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in building event driven microservices.
- Backgroundin building production-ready SaaS applications