JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Director, Transactions Mgmt in Columbus, OH at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
North America TM Lead & Global TM SME COE Job Description
JLL is seeking a North America TM Lead & Global TM SME COE (“Global TM Lead”) based out of Chicago, IL or Cincinnati, OH to oversee service delivery in Europe, IMEA, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and North America for one of the firm's largest, most prominent clients. Our TM team executes real estate transactions to meet our Client’s business and occupancy needs globally. Working with local brokers, our TM team serves the Client by viewing and reviewing the portfolio and all potential transactions strategically, identifying suitable alternatives, recommending appropriate occupancy solutions, negotiating lease and ownership terms on their behalf, and coordinating with colleagues in the IPS spectrum.
The Global TM Lead leads the entire North American Regional TM team and oversees the four other Regional TM Leads covering a portfolio of 12.6M SF, covering owned and leased properties, including various property types such as manufacturing, industrial, R&D, office and warehouse. The Global TM Lead is a senior member of the JLL Client Account Team and fully owns the delivery of transaction management services globally. The TM team is a critical component of delivering IPS services in a seamless manner.
The successful candidate:
- Must be an aggressive, proactive leader with the ability to inspire, motivate, coach, manage, and lead a team of 4 Regional TM Leads and the North American TM team (The North American TM Team will report directly to the Global TM Lead).
- Will be held accountable for “raising our game” in transaction service delivery, including helping to reset and shape our global TM delivery process and properly prioritizing and guiding Region TM Leads to achieve our account savings commitments while ensuring contract compliance and clean, efficient execution of transactions.
- Will report to and work closely with the Global IPS Lead and the North American CRM and others assuring the TM team is property integrated with Real Estate Portfolio Management, Occupancy Planning, Workplace Design, and Lease Administration to drive seamless optimal results.
- Must have outstanding client service skills and the ability to create strong client trust and confidence.
North American Operational Leadership: Oversight and Leadership of the North American TM Team to
- Manage the North American TM team to ensure the success of the team and career development of the TMs and analyst(s) on the team
- Take ownership of the TM P&L and TM cost savings initiatives
- Assign projects among team members
- Manage escalations and potential issues
- Provide large/complex transaction support
- BOVs/Special Projects
- JLL Research Requests
- SMO client meetings (3x per year)
- North America Project Review meetings
- Leadership commitments such as regional QBRs, F2Fs, etc.)
- Coordination with Lease Administration
Global Operational Leadership: Oversight of Regional TM Leads and our Processes to
- Maintain 100% compliance with account processes and governance and to push excellence and efficiency in closing all transactions
- Manage transaction revenue and expense, including providing annual budget information
- Assist with large/complex transactions
- Coordinate and assist with any fee disputes, as needed
- Work with the Regional TM leads to meet established KPI metrics and RAS objectives as required in account Services Agreement
- Execute real estate strategies and transactions that support the Client’s core business, plans, and objectives
- Ensure necessary resources are available and coordinated to meet Client and Account requirements and objectives
- Bring issue/problem resolution to escalated matters to include necessary liaison with legal and Client technical teams and/or external service providers
- Ensure compliance with account Best Broker requirements (including non-JLL brokers)
- Leverage Business Intelligence tools, such as JLL Market App, Portfolio Analytics, etc. to assist with analysis and strategies
- Develop, implement, streamline and improve Client and JLL processes to strike for flawless transaction execution, including our need to redo the existing TM process
- Ensure best practices are applied and shared accordingly
- Complete and maintain accurate revenue and expense forecasting in agreed format and frequency
- Oversee global training and related topics
- Provide support for
- Onboarding new TMs to the platform
- Annual staffing projection and review
- IPS Platform and initiatives
- Special Projects
- Annual Discretionary award - JLL Business case
- Global Balancing Payment
- Regional TM Annual Plans
- Regional savings initiatives, such as “Fresh Money”
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively
- Outstanding interpersonal and matrix management skills
- Excellent verbal/written communications and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team to reach full potential, plus attract and retain top talent
- Proven skills in contract review, lease/purchase and sale negotiations
- Strong knowledge of real estate accounting; expense management and revenue forecasting
- Experience working with corporate clients to achieve real estate objectives
- Seasoned transaction manager: At least 10 years of directly related work experience, or at least 5 years as a Senior TM
- Global experience, preferred
- MBA or other advanced degree desired, undergraduate degree a must
- Progress towards professional designations (MCR, CCIM, SIOR, LEED) a plus
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.