Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications Technician II
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- IES Communications
The Communications Technician II must possess the ability to perform the technical responsibilities of a Cable Installer and function as a lead member of a technical team. The Technician II will coordinate small groups of installers in the performance of daily workload including adherence to Company safety and quality standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Communications Technician II will install a work area outlet for floor, modular furniture and wall (terminate CAT 3 & CAT 5 jacks. Mount face plates and surface mount boxes correctly. Adhere to IES COMMERCIAL labeling standards).
- The Communications Technician II will build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required. Complete all IDC connections (e.g. terminate 110/66 blocks and patch panels).
- The Communications Technician II performs testing: continuity test horizontal and riser cable; use of volt-ohmmeter; troubleshoot opens, crosses, shorts and transpose pairs on horizontal and riser cable; use a tone set.
- The Communications Technician II will identify active voice or data circuits.
- The Communications Technician II will assume responsibility for effective performance of crew and provide necessary training; coordinate personnel and timeline to complete project.
- The Communications Technician II will fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
- The Communications Technician II will adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
- The Communications Technician II will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Communications Technician II must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- The Communications Technician II must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- The Communications Technician II must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- The Communications Technician II must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- The Communications Technician II must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight, and gloves.
Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, and Krone/3M/BIX.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
- Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work