General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Organizational Development Senior Advanced Specialist
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- Job Location
- USA-Varies | USA-VA-Fairfax | USA-AZ-Scottsdale | USA-MA-Taunton
- Required Clearance
- No clearance
- Human Resources
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience and training in organizational development and recent experience in providing support to multiple geographic locations.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an Organizational Development Senior Advanced Specialist. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The position requires a subject matter expert (SME) in Organizational Development with extensive experience strategizing and managing large scale, transformative change within a complex, fast-paced work environment. It also requires confidence, initiative, ingenuity and advanced problem solving skills to solve highly complex problems. The successful candidate must engage and influence across all levels of leaders and employees to shape and successfully execute work objectives.
Partner with the GDMS Executive Leadership Team and other senior leaders to develop and implement strategic and operational plans and programs that effectively attract, retain, engage, motivate and develop high caliber employees with the appropriate skills, competencies and values to support a culture of operational & people excellence
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Apply a structured methodology to lead change management activities using change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative. This includes evaluating and ensuring user readiness, defining and measuring success metrics, integrating change management activities into project plans and monitoring change progress.
- Determine readiness and apply tools, techniques and processes needed to enable employees to adopt and sustain organizational changes designed to improve organizational performance
- Conduct impact analyses of change, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs associated with organizational change efforts.
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics in connection with anticipated resistance to change efforts. Consult, coach and engage project teams and senior leaders to support change initiatives.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communication used to support change efforts
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and other HR colleagues to develop, assess, facilitate and/or lead organizational development interventions, programs and processes to support business objectives and strategy implementation
- Analyze organizational structures, responsibilities, reporting relationships and work processes to determine company-wide programs and/or training initiatives that need to be changed or implemented in order to increase organizational effectiveness
- Ensure integration and linkage of programs to one another and to enterprise strategy
- Use data-based information to diagnose and analyze organizational performance improvement opportunities; identify and implement solutions
- Support the design and implementation of leadership development programs to build leadership bench and succession strength from supervisory to executive leadership levels
- Develop methods for measuring effectiveness of all programs and business return on investment.
- Design, develop and deliver meeting facilitation to enhance team efficiency and effectiveness in achieving strategic and operational business goals, including strategic workforce planning, leadership and succession management, career pathing, performance maximization, organizational structure and design optimization.
- Support the development and implementation of career ladders and development opportunities to develop internal talent and/or redeploy talent to greatest needs
- Regularly review employee preferences, on-boarding, and exit survey data to identify and address candidate and employee satisfaction and dis-satisfaction trends with the objective of establishing a compelling company value proposition for attracting & retaining employees
- Work with senior executive and business leaders to create presentations, organize and manage large-scale meetings including meeting design and strategy, logistics, follow up, measures of success. Manage nomination, assessment, and selection of program participants; organize and implement ongoing execution of program activities; assess, measure and report on program success
- Partner with senior executive and other business leaders to identify ideal profiles for key positions and strategies for identifying and developing staff to fill them.
- Use diagnostic surveys, tools and assessments. Provide diagnostics and solutions including use of DISC surveys, New Leader Assimilation, Executive Coaching, team alignment workshops, strategic thinking and planning workshops
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience and use of analytic tools and processes including research, statistical analysis, data analysis and reporting for root cause analysis and problem solving. Use of Excel for analysis and reporting.
- Experience and proven expertise in applying and executing Change Management methodology to large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Forward looking, holistic and organized with a natural inclination for strategic planning and tactics. Skilled at project management, able to meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects and work collaboratively with and through others.
- Flexible, adaptable, resilient and tenacious. Able to work effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent active listener who can communicate and work effectively with leaders and at all levels of the organization
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MS/MBA with concentration in organizational development, business or change management
- Certifications in assessment, coaching, mentoring tools and instruments and/or change management preferred
- Must frequently travel to other GDMS locations.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran