Focal Point Data Risk, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Advisory Services Manager
at Focal Point Data Risk, LLC
- # of Openings
- Financial Advisory Services
The Financial Advisory Services (“FAS”) Manager leads client engagements for the Financial Advisory Services practice. Depending on skill sets, they may lead projects related to IPO readiness, acquisition/transactional support, interim CFO/CAO, or other strategic financial services. The manager performs on-site fieldwork and drafts/reviews key client deliverables. The Manager will work closely with the FAS Principles to close on new business development at existing client relationships and expand new relationships where possible opportunities.
To participate in various engagements related to a wide variety of accounting and finance services to public and private companies in a wide a variety of industry and sizes. Expertise should include the ability to participate in and contribute to engagements of the following nature:
- Audit preparation and facilitation
- Preparing and reviewing SEC filings, financial statements, footnote disclosures, and cash flows
- Leading and/or assisting with the preparing and recording of opening balance sheets under ASC 842 including valuation models to support the fair value of long-lived assets acquired
- Ability to stand in as Controller/Accounting Manager - includes hands on experience and responsibilities
- Ability to research accounting rules and conclude findings via technical papers
- Re-engineering of various finance and accounting functions to streamline and create efficiencies within accounting functions
- General accounting clean-up
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Perform various analysis and specialized projects that would provide unique insight into Accounting, Finance and Operations
- Project Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises senior and staff professionals.
- 6+ years Public Accounting (Big 4 or middle market firm) or similar
- 2+ years managing teams in an accounting / finance function within a consulting environment
- Communications Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the capability of communicating effectively with internal and external sources.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong interpersonal skills with experience building solid relationships with both internal team members and external customers. Ability to work with all levels of client personnel from clerks to CFO.
- Time and Project Management: Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task various priorities daily. – Ability to bring projects to completion eliciting the collaborations of interdepartmental team members
- Initiative: Capable of self-managed initiative. Does not require leadership to constantly push initiative for maximum level of efforts.
- Creativity: Ability to come up with a variety of approaches to problem solving. Uses creative ways to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial attitude: willingness to learn and develop and a strong commitment to teamwork is paramount
- Client Service: Excellent client service including the need to understand and deliver a superior service and deliverables.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar
- CPA required
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Travel Required: Up to 75%
Focal Point is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Chelsea Campbell at 813-402-1208 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.