Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Paraprofessional MD Classroom 0.81 FTE - STEM Middle @ Baldwin Road Junior High
at Educational Service Center of Central Ohio
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- Special Education Paraprofessional MD Classroom 0.81 FTE - STEM Middle @ Baldwin Road Junior High JobID: 12128
- Position Type:
Classified Staff (non-teaching)/Paraprofessional
- Date Posted:
Baldwin Road Junior High
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Reynoldsburg City Schools Definition
- Under general supervision. Is responsible for performing a variety of duties; offers assistance and support to the staff in carrying out the objectives of the educational program in the school; performs related duties as assigned.
- Typical Duties (may include, not limited to)
- Assists students with toileting, diapering and clothing as necessary
- Assists students with disabilities in all areas of the school building including classroom, hallways, cafeteria, playground, etc.
- Intervenes with students when their behavior is not appropriate
- Prepares daily behavior charts
- Assists students with wheelchairs, standers, walkers, and other adaptive equipment
- Dispenses medications to students as directed
- Assists students with classroom activities such as art, music, and physical education classes
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- Experience working with students and teacher on academic content standards.
- Experience working with students and teacher on grade level proficiency tests.
- Completion of at least 48 semester or 72 quarter hours as verified by a college transcript obtained from an accredited institution of higher education;
- Possess and Associate’s (or higher) degree from an accredited institution of higher education; OR
- Demonstrated through a formal State or Local academic assessment knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing reading and mathematics; or knowledge of, and the ability to assist in readiness for reading and mathematics.
- Possession of a valid State of Ohio Aide Permit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Desired
General knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation; general knowledge of basic mathematics; Proficient in Microsoft Office; Skill in exercising tact and discretion when communicating with students, parents, teachers, administrators and support staff; Ability to perform oral reading to students individually or in groups; Ability to interact with students to maintain discipline, order and resolve disciplinary problems; Ability to assist students with various physical and intellectual needs; Ability to handle behavioral situations in a calm and effective manner; Ability to maintain accurate records and write reports and logs; Ability to lift boxes of supplies and books; Ability to maneuver students into wheelchairs and changing tables; Ability to bend, stoop and reach; Ability to be trained in procedures such as catheterization, g-tube feeding, restraint, transition (lifting), diapering, bath rooming and other procedures necessary for student care.