City of Delaware
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Control Officer
at City of Delaware
Community Control Officer
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
Have a degree in criminal justice or psychology and find reward in helping people take steps to get on the right track? Put your education and experience to work with the continuously growing City of Delaware in working with adult offenders through the Municipal Court.
NATURE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the presiding Judges and the Chief Community-Control Officer, manage adult offenders who have been placed on community-control supervision and insure prompt completion of court ordered sanctions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to organize, oversee, and complete multiple projects simultaneously and with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with data collection, data entry, and statistical reporting
- Ability to maintain confidences, exercise mature judgment, and work harmoniously with others.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Majority of work is performed in an office environment or courtroom where the physical demands require sitting and standing for extended periods of time; frequent use of computers and standard office equipment; may work under stress of deadlines.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and to communicate effectively with others in person and over the telephone.
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and to review, evaluate and prepare a variety of written materials on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate standard office equipment and computer systems.
- Sufficient ability and strength to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects 12-50 pounds for varying distances.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a field of academic study such as criminal justice, criminology, psychology, sociology, or other discipline that provides evidence of the capacity to understand and apply the legal requirements and human-relations skills involved in the work of this position; Or possession of an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years experience in the criminal-justice field.
- Experience in the field of community-control/probation and court operations is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license.
- Must pass an extensive background check.
- Must successfully complete mandated new community-control officer training program and OPOTA firearm certification within six months of employment.
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
The class specification which appears above is intended to be sufficient merely to identify the class and be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position allocated to the class and should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties which may be required of employees holding a position assigned to this class.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), the City of Delaware will provide reasonable accommodations, upon reasonable request, to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.