Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer, Software Engineering (Salesforce.com Technical Lead) (P-Mod)
at Cardinal Health
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
Level: Senior Engineer
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Design, develop, and implement internal and customer facing solutions using SFDC platform and Java.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality.
- Review application development progress and ensure compliance with overall design parameters and development standards. Guide programmers/developers on technical issues.
- Develop or review development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
- Review test results and direct further development.
- Investigate complex technical and business problems in detail, to diagnose and provide effective and efficient alternatives.
- Learn, improve, and expand code quality, design, and build out processes to integrate with the business and technical needs.
- Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
- Conduct technical process reviews and work in partnership with client business units and project stakeholders.
- Mentor other developers who are creating and designing code and assist with code reviews.
- Communicate complex problems and issues in a concise manner (oral/written) to many different audiences; ability to clearly communicate with customers, peers and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
- 6+ years of experience managing and developing solutions on Salesforce.com platform with key focus on developing order management capabilities / functions.
- Strong development experience using MVC / MVVM frameworks.
- In depth understanding of technical Configuration, customization and integration concepts for Salesforce.
- Strong technical knowledge in delivering solution stack using Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud) as well as CPQ (Apttus, Steelbrick etc.).
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Architecture and integrations with Salesforce (APIs, Dell Boomi, SSO, Identity and Access Management).
- Technical expertise in sales force automation, customer relationship management, and support & help desk solutions is desired.
- Experience in integrations between ERP, BI&A and other solutions through SOAP and REST APIs.
- Technical experience in Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) for salesforce is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce Design and Development Best Practices, Apex Design Parameters, Governor Limits, Shared Platform Best Practices.
- Working knowledge or good understanding of ERP technologies is preferred.
- Building complex integrations with backend ERP applications preferably SAP is preferred.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Ability to lead a team of developers through processes and complex development strategies - must be able to write, read, oversee and mentor other developers who are creating and designing code.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and issues in a concise manner (oral/written) to many different audiences; ability to clearly communicate with customers, peers and management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment.
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.