Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Site Support Engineer
at Cardinal Health
JOB TITLE: Network Engineer - Network Site Support
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Network Site Support Team’s responsibility is to provide support for data network services to various Cardinal facilities. This includes modifying and supporting routers, switching gear, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, and Wireless Networks.
Leadership Essentials define what we do when we’re at our best. They best characterize successful leaders at Cardinal Health and will help us create a culture that brings out the best in alldriving higher levels of performance and creating a competitive advantage. Each of us already demonstrates some of these; others may require us to stretch and challenge ourselves.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of networking concepts and systems including routing, switching, WAN/LAN, WLANs, Cisco & HP network devices.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of network security concepts and systems including F5, WSA, Palo Alto, ASA
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills and ability to make independent decisions.
- Configures and implements network infrastructure including routers, switches, wireless AP’s including controllers, firewalls, and context switching as break/fix or enhancement requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues as they arise.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities. Investigates and resolves connectivity issues across LAN/WAN.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Monitors network traffic including infrastructure performance to ensure high quality connectivity.
- Investigates and resolves vendor incidents through maintenance contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience required, 3+ years preferred in supporting enterprise applications
- Must have strong oral (English)communication and writing skills, including formal presentations
- Packet tracing knowledge/understanding experience
- Ability to utilize monitoring tools to analyze network consumption at sites.
- Cisco certifications (CCDA, CCNP, etc.) are considered valued for this role
- Route/Switch experience
- Hands on experience with Cisco, HP, and Aruba hardware
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of network concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to troubleshoot a wide variety of symptoms that arise
- Competent in Command Line Configurations
- Wireless Networking experience(Cisco and Aruba)
- 802.11 Wireless Handheld Device experience
- Extensive network infrastructure background
- Strong IT Technical and process skills
- Ability to work in team environment and as an individual
- Technical writing skills a plus
- Knowledge with utilizing SharePoint
- Demonstrated innovative and strategic thinking required, as well as a track record of success implementing tactical solutions that result in measurable business benefits
- Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
Projects may have significant and long-term impact
Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Minimal travel required
- Must be willing to be on an on-call rotation