Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Brand Strategy & Operations
at Cardinal Health
What Brand Strategy & Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Brand Strategy and Management is responsible for leading efforts focused on increasing the value of Cardinal Health brands. This includes defining and implementing brand strategy, providing brand-related consultation, managing various brand assets and resources, and educating employees and external partners to ensure maximum brand consistency.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of brand strategy and principles of brand and marketing management.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Is able to clearly communicate and defend ideas that may be unpopular.
- Demonstrates experience working within an established brand identity system.
- Counsels and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to execute brand strategies and plans that meet both company and business objectives.
- Prioritizes tasks and projects according to business needs and tight deadlines.
- Collaborates effectively with Centers of Excellence to ensure that all brand-related efforts support the Cardinal Health company brand strategy.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of Workfront project management tool and how to best leverage the tool for maximum output.
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects.
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope.
Accountabilities in this role
This Brand Management and Operations leader will have operational and strategic responsibility to help re-invent Creative Services as a content creation studio and continue to formalize best in class branding capabilities that connects with our customers and enhances the perception of Cardinal Health. Supports Brand Director with brand integrations of acquired organizations, sets and implements naming and trademark strategies, drives forward facility branding projects and provides consultative support and brand education to internal teams and external partners.
Solution strategy, implementation, and sustainability
- Implements and manages design of process improvement, configuration change requirements, new metrics and time tracking within the Workfront project management tool.
- Ensure success of of time tracking through training and metrics for maximum operational output.
- Lead training efforts for internal clients on how to properly engage Creatives Services and Digital teams through Workfront.
- Review SLAs and update to align with new Time Tracking Policy and standardized reporting.
Naming and trademark strategy
- Supports or provides guidance during naming sessions for business’ naming efforts.
- Conducts company-wide trademark audits.
- Manages trademark assessment and approval process, in partnership with Intellectual Property team.
- Serves as liaison between Marketing and Intellectual Property teams with respect to trademark matters.
- Project managing the development and deployment of the new Cardinal Health Brand Identity system guidelines; Facility refresh toolkits.
- Provides environmental branding solutions for Cardinal Health facilities seeking improvements.
Brand identity development, consultation and review
- Manages the development, deployment and maintenance of Cardinal Health Brand Style Guide, toolkits and associated brand guidelines.
- Conducts annual review of visual identity to ensure continuous evolution.
- Develops and maintains communication and design template.
- Develops and manages company image library/digital assets, conducts photo shoot planning, provides on-site photo shoot coordination and art direction.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related area; graduate degree preferred
- People management experience preferred but not required
- Minimum 7 years related business experience
- Marketing experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Enterprise technology refresh experience strongly preferred
- Self-directed, self-motivated, with a balanced and moderate professional disposition
- Experience with digital marketing and / or eCommerce and creative services with an understanding of how these channels can be used to grow brands
- Previous experience with both B2B to B2C market focus preferred
- Experience working with consulting agencies to implement recommended deliverables
- Experience establishing a brand vision / strategy and the resulting operation objectives to meet customer needs and maximize revenue and profitability
- Ability to lead people through influence and build consensus; Possess motivational, listening and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience within a matrix environment
- Proven customer interaction experience with ability to listen, consult and present
- Ability to produce creative ideas to improve customer service standards
- Ability to anticipate and push change through the organization.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal) with demonstrated ability to persuasively present to internal and external customers
- Ability and willingness to "roll up the sleeves", and personally contribute while leading across functional areas
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleague