Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consultant, Advanced Analytics
at Cardinal Health
What Advanced Analytics contributes to Cardinal Health
Advanced Analytics is responsible for applying quantitative methodologies, techniques and tools to develop best in class analytic solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Works with stakeholders to identify business opportunities, goals, or objectives
- determines if objectives can be met using an analytical approach and develops hypothesis.
- Identifies key data requirements and acquires data
- harmonizes, rescales, and cleans data for statistical techniques
- applies data visualization techniques to evaluate data for model specification etc.
- Builds custom quantitative models by applying advanced statistical methods such as causal and predictive modeling, forecasting, data mining, simulation, and/or optimization.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and determines need for reformulation.
- Interprets results of quantitative models, identifies trends and issues, and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Partners with stakeholders and technologist to implement/automate/operationalize models into day-to-day business decision making.
- Process oriented, with the ability to manage and communicate across teams
- A passion for visualization and info design (Tableau experience preferred)
- Capability to design and execute market basket analysis, stochastic networks & optimization, forecasting, customer segmentation; enable data driven decision making using data modeling & data mining
- Working knowledge of databases and data manipulation tools (SQL and Alteryx preferred)
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues