Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate II, Warehouse Operations - Night Shift 9P to 7:30A Inbound Department
at Cardinal Health
NIGHT SHIFT- Monday - Thursday 9pm- 7:30am
Starting Pay: Up to $16/hr. based on experience
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Accountabilities in this role
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building and wrapping pallets, packing, loading and preparing the orders for shipment.
- Perform housekeeping and inventory control tasks, maintaining a clean work environment including complying with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Performs other duties and/or participates in projects as assigned by your manager or other management team member.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years distribution warehouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
- Automated or RF (Radio Frequency) warehouse experience beneficial
- Ability to operate or willingness to learn material handling equipment (order pickers, reach trucks, forklifts)
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time with frequent stooping or bending
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to be detail oriented, quality focused and self-motivated
- Ability to work in coordination with other team members to accomplish goals
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting established performance quotas and standards
- Must be flexible to work overtime as needed
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor