Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advisor, Financial Planning & Analysis (EIT Project Accounting)
at Cardinal Health
What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
- Analyzes business trends
- Leads and aligns financial forecasts and long range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Creates financial models and scenarios as a key input for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, sourcing, product development, marketing strategies, and acquisitions.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis and makes investment and pricing decisions. Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, margin expansion and a more favorable mix (i.e., driving preferred products and services).
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Serves as key finance business partner to Indirect Procurement, A/P, Project Management Organization, Portfolio and Corporate Accounting.
- Perform EIT month-end close process and maintain Project Accounting group mailbox.
- Responsible for the budget and forecast of ~$130M depreciation expense and overall forecasting and management reporting of CAPEX budget of ~$180M.
- Responsible for Place-in-Service Form processing and review of WIP/AUC balances to ensure timely submission of asset creation forms.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of Capital Asset Requests (CARs).
- EIT Finance review of Statements of Work (SOWs) and Purchase Orders.
- Responsible for EIT Financial Management Guidelines as well as other Cardinal Health accounting policies (fixed assets, internally developed software); understand and apply current Cardinal Health and GAAP accounting guidance to EIT projects.
- Accountable for internal financial controls and compliance with all financial policies.
- Participate in special projects and continuous improvement initiatives (Black Belts, Kaizen, Workshops, etc.) as capacity allows.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 3 years job-related experience
- CPA preferred
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of SAP preferred
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills