Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Group & Program Coordinator
at Alzheimer's Association
At the Alzheimer’s Association, we are the brains behind saving yours®. Many of us who work for the Alzheimer's Association have some connection with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. It's what drives us to make the extra effort in the daunting task of modifying a disease that currently has no cure. With 78 million baby boomers entering the age of greatest risk for Alzheimer’s, we need passionate, hardworking people committed to helping the Association meet the increasing demand for care and support and fund vital Alzheimer’s research.
Why join us? We have been recognized as a Best Nonprofit to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven consecutive years.
The Support Group and Program Coordinator is responsible for all administration, supervision, education and training related to chapter volunteers for support groups and early stage programs for 14 counties served in the Central Ohio Chapter. The position also includes volunteer recruitment and working with community partners to increase, develop and implement chapter programs being served by our chapter volunteers.
* Provide leadership for the development and oversight of all support groups/early stage programs, including planning, administration and program evaluation.
* Responsible for recruitment, education, training, coaching and supervision of all volunteer support group/early stage program facilitators.
* Assist in creating chapter volunteer infrastructure, policies and systems to guide volunteer activities.
* Provide program volunteer recognition events - annually or quarterly.
* Recruits and assesses potential participants for all early stage groups including training volunteers to provide assessments.
* Develop relationships with community stakeholders and agencies to increase awareness of our Association towards recruitment of volunteers.
* Plans half day early stage conference (contingent upon funding).
* Coordinates and delivers training to professionals and volunteers as identified.
* Facilitates support groups/early stage programs as needed.
* Assist with grant reports and data input related to program delivery and outcomes.
* Provides other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree (preferred MSW) in social work, counseling, adult education, or related field.
* Two years of experience in volunteer recruiting, evaluation, and management.
* Two years of experience in the delivery of program and/or health care services in the community (with particular reference to aging population).
* Knowledgeable about Alzheimer's disease and related dementia for caregivers and those affected.
* Knowledgeable about caregiving issues, support group process, and experience with family dynamics.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Demonstrated success managing volunteer-led community programs with experience in recruitment, training, engagement, supervision and evaluation of volunteers.
* Demonstrated ability to work with care partners, individuals living with Alzheimer’s, family systems, volunteers and external contacts.
* Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, volunteers, staff and external contacts to build community relationships and promote program delivery.
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences.
* Ability to use office equipment; proficiency with Microsoft applications, excel, google and data entry.
Position Working Conditions:
* Ability to fulfill assignments on evenings and weekends as needed.
* Travel by car to attend meetings within the chapter territory, and by air to attend other meetings.
* Possession of valid driver’s license and use of personal insured vehicle required.