Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Logistics and Fulfillment Specialist
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
- Hiring Manager
- Scott Kohlmeyer
- City Name(s)
We're looking for a Regional Logistics and Fulfillment Specialist to join our team!
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 61 manufacturing plants and 29 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Regional Logistics and Fulfillment Specialist has the responsibility to manage customer orders that are highly complex requiring strategic planning daily basis. They are the key link in communication with our Operations, Sales, and CSR teams to ensure timely delivery of highly complex orders. The individual would have a macro view of orders within a large geography and would require strategic planning through multiple facilities and internal business partners to execute and insure on time delivery to the customer. This position would also be working with multi-site managers to analyze freight performance and create strategic plans for improvement.
Strong business acumen, basic Freight/Logistics skills and the ability to reason through ever changing scenarios are necessities for this position. Taking the initiative, strong math skills, and the ability to anticipate problems before they occur are also essential for success in this position. The candidate must work well with a team of people who are committed to continuing the Company's high growth rate.
- Be the main point of contact for the CSR and Sales teams to coordinate complex orders that require multiple facility involvement, multiple product types (pipe, fab fittings, and allied products), short lead times, and multiple truckloads.
- Review complex orders for inventory availability and delivery date requirements. Insure that the CSRs and Sales teams are informed of production and transportation delays.
- Coordinate Logistics amongst multiple facilities, essentially working behind the scenes to formulate the logistic plan and deliver the plan to the facility or facilities to execute.
- Generate daily reports showing the specific plans and estimated delivery dates for complex orders, these reports would be distributed to the OPS, Sales, and CSR teams.
- Manage and coordinate backorders and RMAs with each facility.
- Collaborate with the Freight Manager’s and DC Manager’s to maximize payload, minimize out of route miles, while remaining within the driver’s hours of service.
- Work with Freight Manager’s and DC Manager’s to maximize fleet utilization. Highly focused on Interplant strategies between the facilities.
- Work with the Freight Manager’s and DC Manager’s to analyze Logistic costs finding solutions to decrease cost while improving customer service.
- Basic knowledge of Freight/Logistics
- Strong IT skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, performance based environment
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP system
- Freight/Logistics Management Experience
- Experience with Loadmaster
- Demonstrated knowledge of state/federal DOT regulations
- Inventory Management experience and ADS specific product knowledge
- Load building and Truck routing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Business or equivalent experience preferred
Employee will be lifting heavy objects and must have the ability to lift 25 pounds
Employee will be sitting for a specified amount of time and must have the ability to sit at a minimum for 8 hours