Job: Emergency Communications Center Specialist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Emergency Communications Center Specialist provides high quality professional support to internal and external customers in a manner which meets or exceeds defined department objectives. Receives and transmits emergency and urgent information via radio, computer, and telephone to pre-hospital and in-house personnel. Serves as a liaison for physicians, referring hospitals, Emergency Medical technicians (EMT), and other pre-hospital care providers. Performs the function of the hospital operator during specific hours. This position will work in a team environment to maximize individual and team performance.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
1. High school diploma, or equivalent; PLUS a level of knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, and/or pre-hospital procedures normally obtained through completion of certification and/or licensure in a health related field (e.g., EMT-A, Medical Assistant, Respiratory Care, Nursing).
2. Experience in an Emergency Department or other clinical setting desirable.
3. Experience in a Customer Support environment highly desirable.
4. Skill in radio communication highly desirable.
5. Familiarity with personal computer and/or mainframe systems required. Skill in using database and spreadsheet software highly preferred.
6. Analytical and organizational skills required to effectively respond to, track, and document activities related to patient transport, hospital security, and pre-hospital providers.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
8. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
9. Ability to function calmly and effectively in a stressful environment.
Must be able to see, hear, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
Talking on phone/in person Constantly
Typing on a keyboard Constantly
Nationwide Children's Hospital Jobs
This company does not have more jobs