Job: Center Assistant Manager
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at FedEx Office
- 1 Sort Observation for Package Handler Positions
- 2 Sort Observation for Package Handler Positions
- 3 Sort Observation for Package Handler Positions
- 4 Sort Observation for Package Handler Positions
- 5 Sort Observation for Package Handler Positions
- 6 Sort Observation for Parcel Assistant Positions
- View All Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: Administrative/Clerical
Center Assistant Manager
PROMOTE FROM WITHIN
At FedEx Office we value our Team Members and foster an environment career development and internal promotions. Our Promote from Within atmosphere motivates our team members to be the best they can be and provides for unsurpassed career opportunities.
If you are a current FedEx Office Team Member, click here to complete the Internal Application Process.
Leads a center business unit, focusing on creating a consistent and positive customer experience. Assists in the supervision and oversight of all team members and business operations, monitoring and facilitating all production and retail processes, pick-up and delivery, shipping and quality control processes. Manages center in the absence of the center manager. The center assistant manager is required to perform all functions normally performed by the team member.
Afternoons and evenings, one weekend day, at least.
Shifts may vary.
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
* Demonstrates consultative behaviors to ensure friendly, polite, expert service is delivered to all customers
* Evaluates the efficiency and productivity of team members in creating positive customer experiences
* If necessary, resolves customer disputes and complaints to ensure timely resolution and customer satisfaction
* Creates a customer focused environment in all areas of the store (production, retail, self service, and shipping) and monitors the center ensuring a clean and professional environment
* Establishes and manages a process for customer flow in the center to improve service experience ensuring customers needs are met quickly and quality products are delivered
* Provides training and development of team members on assigned shifts by monitoring goals and providing feedback
* Interviews job applicants, complies with all company hiring policies and assists center manager with the hiring of team members
* Coaches, counsels and provides feedback to team members on their performance and to ensure adherance to company policies and standards
* Maintains communication with the lead production coordinator and/or production team to ensure deadlines are met and quality checks are being performed
* Oversees shipping related services and activities
* Responsible for communication with the center manager and team members on daily/weekly/monthly goals, performance to plan,key performance metrics, customer issues and company initiatives
* Complies with and enforces FedEx Office established policies and procedures and maintains an environment of controls
* Assists center manager in review and transmission of payroll and daily close out of POS
* Performs all other administrative duties as needed or requested including without limitation scheduling, payroll management, training compliance, daily close-out of POS, bidding, ordering and receiving supplies and inventory controls
* All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* High School diploma or equivalent education
* 1+ year of related experience, prior supervisory experience preferred
* For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background check
* For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
* Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
* Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
* Ability, on a consistent basis, to work with minimal supervision
QUALITY DRIVEN MANAGEMENT (QDM):
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
* Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
* Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
* Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities
* Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives
Job ID: 2013-84364
JobTitle: Center Assistant Manager
The world comes to us for document solutions and services because we are a technology innovator and we deliver on our promises. Behind 17,000 team members and 1,900 digitally connected locations throughout 8 countries is an enviable infrastructure along with an environment where customer driven individuals will thrive.
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (M/F/D/V), committed to diversifying its workforce.
Job Family: FedEx Office
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Category: Retail